Education and Outreach Program
The goal of the Education and Outreach Department of the Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence (ATASK) is to prevent domestic violence through education, policy change, community organizing, and awareness-raising about family violence, intimate partner violence, and dating violence.
ATASK seeks to engage our communities in preventing domestic violence by working with systems, providers, community members and families. We hope to alter the current desensitization to violence and oppression in our communities. We believe that change cannot come from educating one community or group of people. We must engage everyone.
The Education and Outreach Department provides the following services:
- Conducts domestic violence and cultural competency training to Asian/Asian American, non-Asian communities and professionals working with victims of violence and trauma
- Hosts, sponsors, and facilitates outreach events to create and raise awareness of domestic violence in our communities
- Advocates with policymakers for the needs of Asian families affected by domestic violence
- Conducts teen and college dating violence workshops
- Hosts the Youth Empowerment Project (YEP)
- Facilitates the Engaging Men and Boys Prevention Project, workshops about healthy masculinity and how men & boys can prevent violence
- Provides PSA toolkit on how to talk about dating violence affecting teens and young people
For more information, please contact:
Director, Education and Outreach
617-338-2350 x 244